Monday, July 7, 2008

Last Post


Hello everyone,
You've done a great job on all your blogs and this is the last week of blogging for this conversation classes. Over the period of eight weeks, I've noticed that you went from quite simple questions to much more involved and complex questions. Your comments have also become more detailed and well written. I would say that almost all of you have increased your English literacy as well as your digital literacy. I do hope that you will continue to blog for your own interest or for your future students.

My last question for you is; What have you learned or gained by blogging for this class?


.

19 comments:

Robert said...

Hi, Nicole!
As for me, your teaching skills using blogs was very effective and influential. Last weekend I visited and look over some sites you introduced to us before especially about podcast sites. If I come back to school, I'm gonna try to have my students make a blog. Maybe this year can be a experimental stage. But I'm sure next year the project will be done in earnest. I really appreciate you for your helps.

Caption said...

Hi, Nicole! It's been a really long time. How can I describe my situation...There is no excuse in my case. I ask you Please forgive me breaking the promise. I think I could never forgive myself...
It was my fault(lazy). Have a heart...
In my case, Your powerful lecture and kindness was wonderful. I really appreciated your cheerful lesson.
If I come back and have a another chance, I am going to try to using blog. I think it'll be a very useful methods. Thank you Nicole.

tina said...

Hi, Nicole!
It's been very nice to communicate through these blogs. I've learned many things about blogs thanks to you. Personally, I've had tendancy to avoid technology because I'm not good at tech, but I
became a person who enjoys it. I'd say I owe it to you. I appreciate your wonderful and new method. When I go back to school, I'd introduce the blog to my students and use it as a path for communication with them. Thank you a million again.

James said...

Hi, Nicole!

I'm James from class 4. I'd like to thank you first. Your clas was wonderful and your attitude was admirable to me. I've learn a lot from you. I'll keep in mind what I've felt and learned from you. It seems that the second secession began yesterday, however, it's almost time to wrap up all the course in KNUE.
Using blog for teaching and learning English is a wonderful idea. I want to learn more about blog and other technology that I can use in class.

Tahnk you so much. Nicole!

Jasper said...

Hi Nicole,
The IETTP is already coming to an end. I appreciate your passionate and cozy lecture. It's very good that I have learn diverse teaching skills from you.
As for using blog, i think it's very useful, interesting, and motivating. When I go back to shool, I am planning to take advantage of this method to make students express their thoughts and opinion. Thank you very much.

Lina said...

Hi, Nicole!
I think communicating through blogs is very impressive and helpful in understanding each other. After leaving my comments and reading others', I feel more intimate with my classmates. In addition, I learned how to post the video clips, widgets, pictures
and so on. It's extremely interesting to learn new methods. Thanks to you, I really have enjoyed using blogs.

Carry said...

Hi, Nicole~
I'm in the multi-media classroom, and, I can say, I'm dying of this murderous hot weather!!! How about you? Your apartment is okay?

Well, I like your assignment - upload one question every week and put at least three comments to other trainees' questions. (however, sometimes it was a kind of burden to me when I was very busy.)
Anyhow, I think I can use it in my own class, in a little different way. In Korea, these days, 'cyworld-mini homepage' is very popular among teenagers. So, instead of using this blog, maybe I'll use cyworld.
And, we have more than 35 students in one class, so I think it would be better to ask students to put an (English) answer in my cyworld after I make an English question every week.

jaejoon said...

Hi Nicole,
I can't believe it's already the last post from you. I was so sad thinking I couldn't comment in this blog any more.

So, I had an idea for using this blog again and again. I already made another blog for my two rabbit club. They are supposed to visit my second blog 'Share and compare' to keep practicing with the JFKN program by having alloted time. They may study by themselves even after this course.

Another idea is for my students. They would have interest in using this blog with me if I introduce this nice and easy blog and give them some assignment or project homework. It will be definitely better than memorizing something.
Also, I can communicate with them even after school and share more information.

Now, I am planning to use my blog as the hub site for all trainees in this course. They have their own hands-on cafe already but we don't have any general cafe or blog, so they can visit the blog 'Share and Compare' and go to other sites and cafes already linked. I hope they enjoy visit the blog. I will notify a general reunion of this course in the blog once a year. Anybody who wants to see us again will be welcome.

Olive's Garden said...

Hi~ Nicole!
Using blogs like this way is a very effective way to communicate with each other in English. Everybody can be involved in while posting and answering questions. Also, having our own spaces can solidify classmates' friendship through English. It was awesome!

And thank you for creating comfortable atmosphere in class so that we could talk spontaneously. You are a great teacher and facilitator! I had a pleasant time with my classmates and you as well. Happy smiling face, interesting jokes and useful teaching methods will remain for a long time. Take care of yourself well. God bless you!

Ran said...

Hello, beautiful teacher
Thaks to you, I learned what blog is. And I recognized the power of technology. I thought most women don't like technology. Through this couse I also recognzed I was wrong. From now on I will keep my interest about technology studying English. Through blog, I learned useful expression as well as technology. See you.

therese said...

Hi, Nicole - thank you for your great efforts! It took a whole day to briefly visit the sites you introduced and make a blog list on my blog. I wonder how much time you spent to find the good sources.

I heard about blog when Iraq War broke out for the first time. I wasn't quite comfortable when I didn't know about what's going on around me. Thanks to your help I now feel kind of freedom. But I still have a long road to go. I know how to post pictures and video clips, but not yet make a success to make a widget. I also want to know how to check how many comments each person make. If I use blog for my students' homework purpose, I will need to see each student's participation on the blog.

I also want to learn how to create Moodle site. I'm wondering whether you can teach me using conversation class hours in the coming week, which is the last week of this program for me.

Thank you very much!

rose said...

Hi, Nicole!
I really appreciate for your visiting my blog and commented sincerely. I've exchanged some pieces of information and feeling with my classmates through the blog. Reading their writing seemed like reading their mind. I believe writing is a reflection of person's mind. In that sense, it was very helpful to feel my classmates closer. Thank you for everything: your clear lecture in class, your dancing for TGIF, well prepared and interesting all materials, making very comfortable atmosphere, whispering "b~eautiful green box", making open eyes for positive thinking(I love the cards with good saying in the small basket in the classroom).I really enjoyed your conversation class without any stress... I hope you always are healthy and happy in the life of this program and forever. Good-bye!

Shake said...

Hi, Nicole !
Because I've learned from this program great amount of things, it's really hard to remember everything one by one. It's really nice to be exposed to several English materials, different nationality's instructors and share Korean's teachers opinions during classes. Plus to know some computer-techniques, blog from you.
Considering your classroom's environmens, and your books displayed on your class, I thinks you are really interested in world problems, mysterious things, and natures. When you introduce us the magazine "National Geaography", your face is really bright. After overseas training program, I wish I see you again.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Nicole!
Thank you for giving me a wonderful chance to improve digital literacy through blogging. I hope i'll make the best use of my blog to keep track of my students who are kind of technophile. I bet my blog makes English classes more motivating and fun, so that all students are looking forward to my class.

helen's sweet room said...

Thank you for your kind comment.
I really hope to increas my English literacy as well as my digital literacy.
Anyhow I really thank you for your kindness and giving me a time for celebrating my birthday.
Have a wonderful time in Korea!

Unknown said...

Hi, Nicole! It's me, Pumpkin(Park Sangho), the captain of class 10 in 2004! So glad to meet you here in this blog. I happened to drop by... while I look around the Ken's homepage. I have been here once but I could gather up the courage to leave a comment. Your blog has improved a lot since then. You were an excellent teacher who know how to lead the class and how to listen to the voices of the students. I forgot what you tried to teach( and sorry about that), I cherish what you did to us. Your vivaciousness and kindness are still vivid in my mind. Thank you for your lesson. I really appreciate it. The KNUE program was really wonderful. And please say hello to Ken. He was my favorite teacher. Hope you are happy and healthy! Bye.

Unknown said...

Hi, Nicole! It's me, Pumpkin(Park Sangho), the captain of class 10 in 2004! So glad to meet you here in this blog. I happened to drop by... while I look around the Ken's homepage. I have been here once but I could gather up the courage to leave a comment. Your blog has improved a lot since then. You were an excellent teacher who know how to lead the class and how to listen to the voices of the students. I forgot what you tried to teach( and sorry about that), I cherish what you did to us. Your vivaciousness and kindness are still vivid in my mind. Thank you for your lesson. I really appreciate it. The KNUE program was really wonderful. And please say hello to Ken. He was my favorite teacher. Hope you are happy and healthy! Bye.

shy Anna said...

Hi, Nicole~
your question is " What have you learned or gained by blogging for this class?"
Um...your homework is so lovely because i can make my classmates more friendly.
What I have learned is to make my blog and to know how to communicate. Also it's good way to improve my writing skill.
It's quite fun and I enjoyed it~
Thank you~

sally said...

Hi,Nicole..
For a long time, I feel sorry not for seeing you on the blog..
Through this blogging, I got to learn many things..I could understand about my classmates in detail and know their thinking here and lives...if I forget to doing this, I'll continue to manage my blog for keeping good relationship with classmates and communicating each other..It's a good tool to keep in touch each other even though we don't have enough time to meet in person.
I really appreciate your introduction on blog and podcast..