
This week in the news, a Korean and an Amercian cloning company have stated that they will begin cloning dogs for sale. One Californian has offered $150,000 to RNL Bio in Seoul to clone his dog 'Booger'. The cloned dog will be born in September. They say that they will be able to clone 30 dogs per year. You can read the article here: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/tech_main.asp?categoryCode=133
My question this week is: What do you think about cloned beloved pets?
7 comments:
Its ok if the appearance of your blog is not good. The important thing is the topic or the content of your blog.
I don't think it's a natural way. All living things on the earth are born, live, and then will die. Of course, I know the sad feeling about losing beloved pets. However, I suggest buying another pretty one instead of cloing it.
Hi,Nicole
I don't think it's a good idea.
We have to accept death natually even if they are beloved ones.
We came from the nature and have to go back to earth which is nature.
We can't be against the law of nature. Becaus of breaking the law of nature, some serious disease like mad cow disease occured. We are not God.
Thank you for concerning my poor understaning about the difference between until and by the time. See you.
Hi, Nicole, this is the first time I put a comment to your question. Actually, so far, I didn't know that you also uploaded one question every week as we did. I just used your blog as a bridge to move to my classmates' blogs. Sorry, I have to pay more attention!
Anyhow, I don't think it's a good idea. I have a lovely dog named 'Jini' (female Yorkshier terrier). Even though just imagination of her death makes me so sad, I would not clon her. It could make me impassive of death, because I can make a new one if I want. It is so terrible!
I think, the eternal is not beautiful or precious to us.
Hi Nicole,
I really thank you for your kind comments every week. When I was young, I raised a dog, but suddenly it died one day. So my brother and I wept for several days. After that, I decided not to raise a dog in my house. I know how sad losing beloved pets is. But I don't think it's a good way to clone pets. Animal has also life and it is created by God. I don't have any religion. Anyway I think human beings should not have the power of controlling pets' lives.
Hi, Nicole!
I read the news interestingly. In a word, I don't think that's a good idea because the right for life of all living thins belongs to God. Breaking the order of creation causes the disaster for us. We have experienced so many cases caused from that kind of tries from human's greedy desire under the name of development of science. I want God's belongs to be left to Him.
Hi, Nicole!
Just after reading this article, my feeling is a little fear.
Sometimes I have a fear that human technology has developed too much.
I admit technology development is needed to cure the diseases.
But the use of it for commercial or profit....
And familiar name... Mr. Hwang.
Anyway, personally, human beings should not touch the realm of God, "life".
So complicating issue... -_-:;
Post a Comment