Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sixth Question

Hello everyone,

This week in class we concentrated on story telling. We also told chain stories in class to focus on past tense verbs as our target language. This week, I'm going replace my usual question with the start of a story. If you would like to, you can continue the story in the comments.



When I arrived in Paris, it was raining. The sky was dark and grey as I checked into my hotel and even darker as I left it. It was not a good night for a walk but I had no choice. I was meeting someone.


Your turn! Don't forget to read the other comments so that you can continue the story.

.

12 comments:

genius said...

This visit to Paris was second time. I was extremely tense because I had to meet the last person I want to see. The old grey-haired fiftish man was standing in the hotel lobby. My long long anxious father!!

KIMMIE said...

He looked very angry with something. Someting must have been about me. My inticnt said so. So I tried to find something I did wrong to him. But there were too many! At that time, he saw me and started to walk toward me.

s0311april said...

It was almost 10 years ago when I ran away from home. When I was 16 years old, I couln't stand my parents' continuous preach. I thought I was old and mature enough to carry on my life on my own even when I was seeing 'Jack'.

Gibok-Kate said...

But I had a hard time when I ran away from home. The first problem was how to make a living, so I tried to find a job with B&B.

Mars said...

At that time, I couldn't imagine that could changed my life completely. I was too young to know what was right.

Tim-shinhk405 said...

Hi,
When I visited the most artistic and lovely city, Paris, I did find the road that the worst guys come together. They always tease (maybe ask) their mother to give them much alloance till they are given.
Can you guess the name of the road. It is the Emile Zola Street.
(Emile Edouard Charles Antoine Zola)

Nicole said...

so there I was, standing in the worst neighborhood of Paris, looking at my angry father and trying to think of what to say about the last ten years that we had not seen each other. I had run away, all those years ago, because of my boyrriend Jack but how could I tell my father what Jack and I had done.

Clara said...

As soon as we met, I burst into tears with relief and regret. His eyes also started to gather in tears.
"Father, sorry, I was going to..."
"Oh, Don't tell something sorry...All was my fault. I should have allowed Jack. I was too stuborn," the old slender and slightly bent man said.
"I appreciate your contact for comfort and forgiving me."
"No, your my lovely daughter! When I read your miserable accident in the newspaper, I couldn't believe it. Poor daughter. You can overcome this hard time. Don't worry. Here's your father."
"Dad, oh, I lost my....(crying)"
"My pretty pet, let's go home."

flesung said...

The next day, my father showed me and Jacked to some famous places.I thought I really arrived at paris to meet him at an appropriate time.If I delayed my traveling with Jack a little more, I might not see my father foreever. Because he was seen to be too old with his body a little bent. I sometimes had to turn my face not to be seen my tears rolling down on mt cheek. I felt so sorry for not having met him a little earlier.

Voicu Mihnea Simandan said...

Great project!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this place is suitable for my writing. Anyway, I was very glad to hear your opinion of native speakers in Korea in the first elective course. Your idea was a little new to me. Anyway, I look forward to the second session.

Andy's said...

Poor Dad. We talked a lot about the past 10 years. He was in bed after Mom passed away of a shock from me. He got a heart disease and waited for me for a long time with worries and angers and loneliness. Painful years. How disasterous! Three hours after we got home, Dad fell down and didn't open his eyes.