Monday, April 7, 2008

Fifth Question



Hello everyone,

Blogging is beginning to be used by teachers for a variety of reasons and you can read a few of them at Blog in Teaching and Learning and read a few practical applications of blogs for your own classes at Weblogs For Use In The ESL Class

Here are a few examples of teacher blogs;

Kathy Cassidy's Elementary class
Carmack's Critters (First Grade)
Miller's Grade 10 English Blog
Mrs Cowan's Class blog (elementary)
Open ESL Classroom blog

As all of you are teachers and taking this program to upgrade your skills, I hope that everything you do here has some application for when you return to your schools in September. My question this week is;

Can you think of ways to use blogs to help your students learn and to improve your own teaching methods? Do you think you will use blogging when you return to school? Feel free to post your true thoughts on this topic as it will help me to understand how to create more effective materials for future classes.

.

6 comments:

Gibok-Kate said...

Hi Nicole,
Blogging can be a good way to encourage my students to express their own ideas in English. In a real classroom, it is not easy that every student can have equal chance to do that. But at blog, they have equal chances despite their language ability. They can have enough time to prepare for writing about their ideas, so they are likely to feel less fear.
When I return to my school in September, I will make my blog open to my students, and post more interesting questions for them. And I will encourage them to post their comments like me.
Have a wonderful day!

genius said...

Hi Nicole,
I hope you really enjoy this super cherry blossom season. Are you feeling better?
As for me, every week I am expecting classmates's new question and comment on my blog.
If I apply this blogging activity to my class, it could be a motivation and assignment.
As a various form, we can make a relay story one by one.
In Korea the most terrible and frightening thing is to get no reply. HaHa. (mu-pl)
We can use many follow-up activities and questions in a classroom. The problem is practice.
Go for it!

s0311april said...

Hi, Nicole. I'd like to thank you again for showing a blog world to me who is tech-illiterate. I know teenagers are genius in terms of using computer and gadgets. I am going to post questions and make my students leave comments. It's a good idea to talk on line without any barrier.

James said...

Hi Nicole,

Blogging is a excellent way to communicate with students.
And also it will be very helpful to make students motiviated and interested in English.
I want to use this Blogging to give students assignments and notices as well as questions.
Bye.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Nicole.
I would like to thank you for introducing "blog.com". I think "blog.com" is a very helpful for my students. If I come to school, I will positively use this blog.com in my English class to introduce students' homework and asynchronous chat. During my stay in IETTP center, I will try to learn how to use effectively about"Blog.com"
Thank you again.
Johnson

Clara said...

I'm planing to use the blog in the classroom. I think I can post some assignment notice or chatting section. Especially, I'll make my students post some open-diary about their life. I guess it would be relay diary that my students and I can share ideas. And anyone who wants to leave a message with that diary might be possible. I hope that work will be a counseling project each other.