
In class this week, I was asked what subjects interest me and I answered science and technology. This week's question relates to both those topics. I was reading an article on Korea's First Astronaut in the Korea Times newspaper, which stated "Preparations are almost over and Yi So-yeon is ready for her trip to the International Space Station to become the first Korean in space on April 8." In related articles, the Korean Government has said that it plans to go to the moon by 2025.
My question for this week is; Is it a good idea for Korea to join the space race? Why or why not?
Go towidget to find fun ways to personalize your blog.
14 comments:
Hi, I'm Tim. Maybe this is the first answer to your third question. I'm againt the space project of Korean Governmnet. I can remember reading a story of satellite from the Jemini project to Appllo project in my childhood. I coame to know how much we have to use mney and how long we shoud prepare for the projcet. I think it is right for our government to focus on the practical and creative policy to find more good job for the 88 man won generation.
Hi, Nicole.
Of course, it is. It is true that most developed country of the world try to get the space. I think that to get the space is a symbol of each country's national power. But do you know that U.S. still prohibits a developing ICBM(intercontinental ballistic missile) of Korea by SOFA. It's apparently not fair.
Hi, Nocole.
I believe it is a good idea for Korea to join the space race. In the past, Korea was afraid of being industrailized, so Japan colonized Korea. In order not to repeat that sorrowful history again, Korea need to increase its power. Competition makes it stronger in many fields such as semiconductor production technology, I guess. And it can be helpful to generate more jobs.
Hi, Nicole!
Well, some peopel could disagree with this opinion that Korea joins the space race. They say we have to deal with some trouble on earth more than in space. But, as for me, it's good idea. Even if it doesn't make profit itself, it will be, I think, a good investment for the future. Making some space project, we can develop scientific skills and it can be used to solve many problem on earth in turn.
Hi, Nicole~*
I'm for the space project in Korea. It is regarded as the thing which only a few strong conturies could work on. But it is well acknowledged that Korea is one of the IT great powers in the world, especially realted to the advanced techology. That is, Korea is prepared enough to deal with the worldwide future dream in space. Everything new has the first step in implementation. We've finished all the preparation to launch the first spaceship into the sky, which could mean the first step to Korea. Even though it costs a great deal and we don't know whether it will make it or not, whatever is precious is worth giving a challenge. For we know that space era is just around the corner. If we negelect that kind of venture, we will regret soon when we find ourselves behind the times. *^^*
Hello,Nicole
I totally agree to join the space race. Already Some Asian leading countries go far in the field. I hate vacant claims of peace with no power. We no longer feel guilty or blame for the rightous wealth, both individual and nation. Fair competition should become a positive ethics.
Hi Nicole,
How was your weekend?
My weekend was good and bad.(?)
It sounds strange to you.
But, I drank all weekend.
So Today was a long day.
Anyway, I completely agree to join the space project. Now is the era of competition. There is no any development without challenge.
Besides, there is no any hope without dhallenge. We have to go anywhere. We, korean can go and conquer.
Hi, I'm Grace. I think it's a good idea for Korea to join the space race. Korea has so small land. But our country has a large population.
Many problems of our country result from overpopulation. When I went to America first, I envied its wide land. If we could have a wide land, the destiny of our country would be changed. Therefore we must prepare for the future. The sooner, the better. It is said that the country which can occupy sea will gain everything. I think the country which can make the most of the universe will gain the future.
Hi, Nicole,
I think space race need much money.But Space Science is one of the most important parts of science. If Korea doesn't join the race, it will be behind other countries in the future in many parts of science like airplane industry.
Hello,
It is not a matter of good or bad or necessary. It is a must. When it comes to the space program, we tend to think about money, sacrificed lives in the process of going to the space, IT and developed countries. But I think we must find the answer in the human history. When we look back over the history, we human beings always looked for the new world with the frontier spirit. If we lose that spirit, there will be no new world for us. And the space is the last frontier for human beings. It should not be the space race, but the space cooration which we are now making and Yi So-yeon is playing a role in it. we must be proud of her not just becaust she is a korean but because she is working for the bright future of the human beings.
I agree for Korea to join the space race project. I think willingness to travel into unknown place is a kind of human being's nature. This project will be the first step to explore the universe for Korean. First come, first served. This rule will be adopted to pioneering a place of the universe later. Not only a lot of benifits can be abtained from dominating the universe, but also aren't you curious about the universe?
Hi. Nicole!!
Personally I don't agree on the idea that Korea joins the space race. It is not important to take an initiative in the space project and prove our power as a symbol of scientifically developed country.
What's more important is what the gorvernment can do to help make people happier. Space stuffs are the last thing that they care about. We have more urgent problems to put our energy and money into.
Hi! Nicole
It's a good question, but not a simple one, I think. At last Korean woman joined the space development. I'd like to say to congratulation on her and Korea!
From early days in human history, we have explored all corners of the world. We disovered new continents thanks to pionners, We made an expedition into the abyss. Now we knew how to develop our home, earth and we are blessed with many kinds of animals and resoures throuh human history. And also we began to turn aroud our eyes to the more broad space: moon, Mars.
When I think of this, I feel it's like our duty and inevitability And on this basis, we human beings will exit and advance forever.
Hi! Nicole
I think it's high time for Korea to join the space race. Of course, I admit that we are short of money, technology,and the like. But we have one surprising thing that No country is comparable to our country. That is infinite potential.Our country has done wonders in economic development, shipbuilding, automaker, and internet technology. We created these great achievements out of nothing. The national confidence that we also can do it will make our wish a dream that can be attaainable. Just the fact that the first korean astranut is borning in a few days shows clearly that we are already sowing the seed of space in our mind. In the near future our seed will come up through barren-looking soil. As Korean proverb, "Once we get started, we are almost half done. Our 'can-do'thought and our 'hurry- up'personality is qualified enough for Korea to join the space race.
Post a Comment