Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fourth Question

I've really been enjoying all of your comments, both on my page and on other pages. I think one of the benefits of using blogs in this way was is to increase literacy. For more information on this topic, you can read this short article.

Blogs don't always have to be about written literacy. Sometimes, people use, images, audio and video to tell their stories and share information. Take a look at;

Daily Dose of Imagery: a new picture every day
Great Books: an audio recording of a chapter of a book every day
Food Wishes: Video demonstrations of cooking


My question this week is quite simple.

Have you been reading other people's comments or looking carefully at their page before you post a comment yourself? Can you think of the benefits of doing so?


.

8 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Nicole!

Wow, great blogs. But I shouldn't have seen "Food Wishes". I begin to feel hungry. Sometimes I think a long time ago human mind and desire made the new world and society but now, technology replaces it, breaks our imaginary limit and creates even our mind for itself, like proliferation.
Well, I return to your question.
As for me, I usually read others' comments. At first, I don't want to write the similar content and expression with others. It would make the blogger very bored. Secondly, I can learn useful phrases and writing style from comments. So it's helpful to me.

Gibok-Kate said...

Hi, Nicole!

I have links to my classmates on my blog. And I usually read other classmates' comments or look at their pages right before I publish a new post. It helps me get useful ideas from them or avoid the similar questions. And it also helps me get to know what their own opinions are, even though I am too shy to ask in person. Sometimes I cannot understand well, but I am not disappointed because I can repeat reading until I can understand. That's the way the blog helps me communicate with others.

s0311april said...

Hi, Nicole
I can learn many things from reading comments and looking at classmates' blogs and yours. When I think it is cool, I ask my classmate how to post and add images, sounds..
I didn't know add images but I learned from my classmate, Andy....

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,

Whenever I enter your blog, I always find that there is new and exciting information on your blog. And thinking of my mediocre blog, I feel a little shameful.
Yes!! Before I post my question I usually read my classmates' comments first. They are very informative and after reading them I usully feel that they are more friendly. Also they usually stimulate me to ty hard in many ways. Anyway, I need to learn some more computer related things..

Anonymous said...

To be honest, in the beginning of this task, I tried to read almost all of the comments posted on each blog of our classmates. Actually, I read those after posting mine.It was interesting. Since It was after I've already given my own opinion, I could compare mine to others. That is, I could get to know the others' way of thinking or if I find any good expressions or interesting parts, I could learn those by heart or broaden my perspectives. *^^*

James said...

Hi Nicole,

First of all, I can share some ideas or opinions when I read some comments from other blogs. That is a good advantage, I think.

Clara said...

I can get the person's thinking more deeply with blogs. After visiting my classmates' blogs, I feel like much closer to them than before. I can understand the others' idea, tastes, and why they act like that. The Blog is a good place to express one's own idea and read others' lifestyle. Especially, posting my comment in English, I feel like my English ability for writing increasing. Benifit for using blog in communication is of course understanding others well.

Gracie's talking club said...

Hello, Nicole

Actually, sometimes I read other people's comments first when I need. For example, your third quesiton was not easy. It needed personal opinion. Before I posted my comment, I felt like reading others first. So I checked all comments. When I found a similar opinion, I was glad as if I had found a correct answer. I was releived. I don't know why but maybe I was confident of my personal view.