Wednesday, February 6, 2008

First question

I grew up in Vancouver, Canada. We lived in a suburban home outside the city so I had access to lots of parks and could walk to my different schools as I got older. You can find my childhood neighborhood here.


Where did you grow up?



Click on the small speaking bubble at the bottom of this post to answer my question.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Vancouver, Canada. We had a suburban home on a quiet street and I always had other children to play with. There was a park near my house and I remember that we used to play on playground equipment and climb trees.

Anonymous said...

I was born in the southern part of Korean peninsular and moved up to Jeonju. I grew up there since I was three. After graduating from high school, I attended college in Seoul and I settled down in Uijeongbu in which I got a job and have lived. After retiring, I would live a happy life in Pyongyang and have a dacha in Wonsan. You would find my tombstone in Mt. Backdu.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I was born in Cheong Ju City. I graduated from elementary school to the university in Cheong Ju. I like U-am mountain and Mu-sim River. It is small city. The air is clean. And the bus line is very simple, so you may not be confused when you take a bus. Now I live in Cheong Ju. I love Cheong Ju.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I was born and raised in Dongduchon, and left my hometown just after getting a job with a firm. I resigned my post as businessman and became a teacher.

I like teaching job, but nowadays the situation is too tough. I hope I improve my English and get lots of ideas for my class through this Knue teacher training course.

I feel sorry for my family and my students.
Wait, folks!
I will be back with my English battery full.

Anonymous said...

I was born in Iksan, Jeonbuk Province. Iksan is famous for Jewelry, but I never saw it when I was young. Instead I had to peel lots of sweet potato stalks. That made my thumb and index finger black. So I hated summer vacation.

Anonymous said...

I was born in Jinju which is located in the southern part of Korea. Often my family moved into another cities, but mostly I grew up in Jinju until I got a job as a teacher. Jinju is a small, quiet city that you can relax. Near Jinju there is Mt.Jiri I climbed many times. It is very famous for its fantastifc view. Living in Jinju, I got a lot of good memories so whenever I go there, I can feel like I dream.

Mcluhan said...

I grew up in Geumsan. Geumsan is the town full of joy and health because it is very famous for Korean Ginseng and Medical herbs.
Why don't you visit Geumsan and keey you healthier?

Anonymous said...

I was born in Chunju city. But because my father was military officer, I had to move from city to city very occasionally. That experience makes me have few friends. That's reaaaally sad story. ㅠㅠ

Eric said...

ooops! I'm Eric. ^^;;

derekhospital said...

I was born in small town in Seoul.
My family was very poor. So my clothes always was handed down from my brother. However, there are so many children who had the same environments to play with. I was happy at that time because I have few children who were compared with myself. I felt free.

Joey said...

Hi Nicole!

I grew up in Seoul. But after graduating from a high school, I couldn't stay in Seoul because of my university and workplace. At first, when I left seoul and went to some small city, I remember how much I missed the busy street of day and a beautiful night view of seoul. Now I feel okay because I'm accustomed to my wandering life.
In your class, you said you were born in Toronto and grew up in Vancouver. Last year, I visited Toronto and Vancouver and had many good experience: kind people and beautiful nature. Well, Buchart Garden in Vancouver still lies in my mind. When I have a chance, I want to go to Canada again.

Anonymous said...

I grew up mostly in Cheonju, Chungbuk province. Even though due to Mom, who was an elementary school teacher, my family had to move to somewhere else a few times, I spent most of my childhood in Cheonju. At that time the stream Mushim in Cheonju used to have abundant water so we could enjoy swimmming and do laundry there.

James said...

Hi Nicole.
I was born and grew up in Jinju, Kyungnam Province. Jinju is a beautiful city. Actually my hometown is countryside. I remember all my childhood which I walked around the hill and the river near my house. Besides, I enjoyed fishing with younger brother. This kind of memories give me awakeness as well as my love of nature.
Anyway, I am so happy to meet you.

James said...

The above James is S01-07.
bye...

Anonymous said...

Dear Nicoles,
I was born in a small agricultural area three years before the Korean War. when I entered an elementary school first, I saw many destructed building and houses in the center of the city. I was very lucky at those days, because I have good young parents. They worked very hard to support their kids and old mother.
In summer, everyday I ran here and there along the wide lane around the rice peddies field. and I swam in the stream with my friends.
It was very forgettable memory.
sometimes I recalled then.
Goodbye.
Johnson

Eun-ju, a dandle lion said...

I was born and lived more than 30 years in Suyuri, Seoul. I love that place because it has beautiful mountans, such Mt. Bukhan.I remember I usually went on a school picnic around Mt.Bukhan and I played with my brother and his friends in the stream of it. When I was very young, I used to watch the high rocky peak silently in my free time on the second floor of my house.

s0311april said...

I was born in a small town called 'Youngdong', but my family moved to a large city when I was 13years old. It was a sad memory, because I had to leave behind my friends, places many memoir attached, and school. I desperately wanted to become a middle school student because I was alienated by new elementary school classmates...

Andy's said...

I grew up in the southern part of Korea. My parents were farmer at that time. I have four brothers and a sister. Big family, isn't it?
My father had 12 siblings. Some of them including my father passed away. Bigger ^^. I did hard work on the farm until 10 and our family moved into a city. Then my parents ran a shop. I was freed from farming. After that study... study... study...

Mars said...

When I was young, I lived in Jinju, Gyeongsangnamdo. It was not so big and also it was not so small. Actually I grew up in the suburb of the city. There were many mountains, fields and small streams there. Every summer night, I and my siblings and my friends went to the stream and played together. At this moment, I missed the people there!!! I missed those happy days.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole!

My hometown is Chungju. It has a long history as the center of Korea geographically. Also, it's very famous for delicious apples.
There was a shallow stream running along in front of my house when I was a little kid. I used to swim and had fun in the hot summer days.

PAUL said...

I was born in Seoul.
I have lived in Daejeon for 23years.
I am very slow-starter.
Pls understand me.

Tim-shinhk405 said...

Hi, everyone!
I'm Tim. As I am sorry that I can,t use this blog, I didn't make my question for all the members. I was born in Taean and grew up Seosan. I have really lived Seosan and Taean for over 50 years not leaving here. Last winter, there were a tragic oil extrution accident. Thanks to so many volunteers, the beach is growing clearer and clearer day by day. Did you have a chance a volunteer to clean the beach?

Anonymous said...

* Would you mind solving a problem on my blog? *

Hi, Nicole^^
Are you relaxing now without such a big burden for tomorrow?
(I guess you have no core classes tomorrow^^)

I have a question, Nicole.
I made some changes on my blog. One thing is still satisfying me right now. I added one picture as a wall paper for my title. I made it in posting it. But as you can see if you visit my blog, the picture was not optimized(I mean it wasn't shrinked to the optimal size in the title box).
So, pls show me how to handle it as I wish^^